If you are looking to start a blog, then let me encourage you to consider using Bluehost. I use the company for all my websites. I like them so much, I became an affiliate.
How can you create a website (I recommend using WordPress)? Here are the steps from Bluehost:
How to install WordPress
If you would like to get started but don’t have an account you can sign up for one at BlueHost.com
We provide a program which makes it very easy to install third party scripts to your hosting account. If you want your website to have a WordPress blog, you can use Marketplace to install WordPress to the root of your site or to a subdirectory.
Installing WordPress with Marketplace
- Log in to your Bluehost cPanel account.
- Find the Website section and select Install WordPress.
- Click the Install button.
- Choose the domain name to install it to. In the field next to the domain, you can enter a subfolder such as ‘blog’ or leave it blank if you want the site’s main page to be the blog.
- If necessary, you can edit the email address, username and password for the new WordPress installation. Click “advanced options” and you can change those settings.
- Read through the license and service agreements and check the boxes.
- Select the Install Now button.
Disclaimer: I am a Bluehost affiliate and receive compensation for everyone who signs up via my affiliate link. I am an affiliate because I believe in Bluehost and use it for all my websites.